Thursday, April 10, 2014

ORC LINKING PARTICIPANT, ROUND 2, WEEK 2

Welcome to week 2 of the One Room Challenge Linking Party.  If you missed week one, check it out here.


I managed to do the pelmet box last week.  I was going to DIY it from scratch but I scored this at my local ReStore a few weeks ago...
(Nice shape and perfect size for my window.  For $5, it was a no brainer)


I basically just recovered it with this flame stitch fabric I got from an estate sale (a whole roll of it!)...




I took note of how it was originally done and just went to town with my staple gun...



 I also added contrasting piping...


Voila!
 (Yes, that's a christmas wreath.  We took them down last weekend. Finally.)


Oh, and the venetian mirror arrived yesterday...

I got it from Amazon.  If you are on the hunt, I highly recommend.   It is priced really well too.


As if my list it not long enough, I also decided to update Sabrina's room  which is going to be the Study room.

Before... 
A tiny room which is actually connected to the Girls' room separated by walk in closet.

This is what it looks now...
(I moved the bamboo etageres from Alex's room.)

I'm not going to go crazy with this room, just a few updates...

1.  Repaint the Etageres in coral pink
2. Replace the area rug and chair
3.  Hang a mirror above the sectional
4.  Unsure if I want to replace the wallpaper or just cover that entire wall with art.
5.  Accessorize


And so far...

1.  Update the headboards
2. DIY a pelmet box
3.  Recover the waterfall stools with the flame stitch fabric
4. DIY the bedskirts and pillows
5. Purchase the mirror and rug
6. Paint the dresser
7.  Figure out the chandelier
8.  Accessorize

Next week is Spring Break week for us so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get something done.
(Follow me on instagram for updates - @mybestfriendcraig)
Speaking of updates, I got the parsons chairs from the upholsterer the other day.  Can't wait to show you!


Don't forget to check out what the other participants are up to and of course the original 20!

Happy Thursday!



15 comments:

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Venetian from Amazon? Who knew?! And a pelmet for $5 - can't get the materials to build the box for $5. Best finder of things ever.

Rebecca { MyDarlingHouse} said...

That mirror is perfection! And that little study room is too sweet! That's a lot to take on, good luck lady!

House of Pemberley said...

You killed it! The pelmet box looks fantastic! And don't feel bad about the wreath. I just took down the FOOTBALL SEASON deco mesh around my front door. I'm a loser.

Unknown said...

That pelmet was the find of the century! Wish my Habitat ReStore had such great goodies. And you go on the other room too....

Brittany said...

That pelmet box was a steal!!! I love that you added the contrast piping too :)

Unknown said...

Charmaine, you have the perfect combination of brains and outstanding style! Love everything I've seen here today!

Tiffany said...

That pelmet box is beautiful. I love flamestitch fabric.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Seriously, I love everything you do. Now I want a pelmet box to redo.

Andrea said...

Wow, such fabulous pieces!! I love that mirror and the pelmet was a total score. This room is going to be amazing!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Stacey {steward of design} said...

The mirror is so cute! And what a fun extra space for the kiddos with that study room. You're a busy gal.

aquahaus said...

I love the flame stitch and the mirror is killer. I once left a Christmas tree (fake) up until June. Yes, seriously. We almost threw a Christmas in July party..we should've. You are doing great in this room!

kate@willowinteriors said...

Wow, someone was busy this week!! Love the pelmet box and awesome find with that mirror!

CandidSense said...

Love what you've done so far to the soon to be study. And that pelmet box was such a great score!

Tran

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

What a find to get that pelmet box. It looks great! You are making such great progress!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

All I can say is I hope you have a lot of help. Another room while doing this one? Love the pelmet, you are the CL Queen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails