Thursday, October 17, 2013

ORC WEEK 3: GUEST ROOM MAKEOVER

Week 3!  We are half way done and so much more to do.
(If you missed week one and two, check it out here and here.)

Well, I've been busy shopping (aka thrifting aka bargain shopping) for some furniture and accessories for the room.

I went to the Elkhorn Flea Market a few weeks ago and scored some great pieces.

First up is this amazing vintage rug...

It's a 6x9 indo-persian(according to the expert) rug probably from the 50's or 60's.  I got it for $125.  It is currently being professionally cleaned and was told it is worth around $2000.  Score!!
I got my inspiration for this makeover from the colors of this rug.
In love!


 Who doesn't love a pair of chinoiserie lamps...
(these are going to flank the tv)

and a vintage luggage rack (it is the guest room after all)...





I snatched this faux bamboo chair from my neighbor's garbage pile a few months back...
Some tlc and an upholstered cushion(with the fabric below) and this chair would be good as new!




I got these original vintage paintings from my trip to Scott's...
I'm going to use the top one and hang it above the bed.


 I also purchased the fabric for the headboard and bed skirt.  It is a linen bled (Wave Circa Indigo by Waverly) from Jo-Ann's.  I scored the hot pink piping from ReStore ($2 for the whole roll!).  The grosgrain ribbons are for the Ritva curtains from Ikea.




Lastly, I wouldn't be able to complete this room if not for the help of my Etsy partner, friend and shopping buddy Erin (@egigliadesign).

She found some unbelievable pieces for me...

a pair of vintage nightstands


a vintage tufted bench 


AND

this vintage sputnik chandelier!


Swoon!

Can you imagine the room with all these pieces?!!

I have a feeling I'm going to be sleeping in this room when I'm done.

Now let's see what the others have done.

Happy Thursday!


28 comments:

A room with a view said...

You got some amazing vintage pieces and the art has great colors, too!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Looking fantastic! Your vintage pieces are to die for.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Wow, you have some AMAZING pieces to work with. For sure, I would TOTALLY be moving in there! Can't wait to see it all together!

Unknown said...

Oh that rug!!!! I have to get to the Elkhorn Flea... Love all of your goodies for this room!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

gah! all finds absolutely perfect! I need nightstands just like that!!! everything I am finding is too short or too wide. grrr. this room is going to be amaze.

pam {simple details} said...

Seriously fabulous finds, Charmaine!! I love that pattern for the cane barrel chair, too! Can't wait to see it all come together!

House of Pemberley said...

Awesome, awesome finds! You are definitely neck and neck with Linda for the "Craigslist Whisperer" award!

Price Style & Design said...

Seriously, I can't wait to see the outcome! And I love those chinois lamps!

Rebecca { MyDarlingHouse} said...

Love those lamps, what a find!!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

You scored so many amazing things! I love the chandy...and the bench. This is going to be good!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fabulous finds, I love it all. Hugs, marty

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Those night tables are amazing!! And I'm so curious as to how you are going to remedy that chair seat.

Alyson said...

I am looking for some hot pink piping like that - great find at Restore! Also, what a deal on the rug.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am so jealous of your fab finds. That bamboo chair upholstered is going to be stunning. The tufted bench, that's just amazing. Can't wait for all of this to come together.

Carol said...

Wow! You really scored some great finds. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Anonymous said...

New follower - and love your ORC makeover plans! Great score on the rug & other items are perfect. My mil had a set of lamps like those you found... silly me thot they were hideous back in the day... Ahhhh, 20/20 vision! Barbara Z.

Kim said...

You have some seriously fantastic finds and they are all going to make this room a place where your guests may never leave!! how fun!!xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That room is going to be a show stopper. So many great pieces!!!

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

FABULOUS!!! Love your vintage finds!!!! I would be wanting to sleep in this room too...it is going to be sensational!

Claire @ the blonde bargain said...

All of your finds are so great! I would love to see a tutorial on your repair of the chair...never attempted one of those but have sure thought about it!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I am amazed at all you got done this week! And I am glad to know I am not the only one who steals from my neighbors garbage :)

Unknown said...

Woman! How did you manage to find such an amazing collection of gorgeous items - and be in Hawaii too?!?

Vel Criste said...

Yes I can, this room is gonna be fabulously chic Charmaine!!!!! Of course I expected great finds for your own space, as always, but that rug is a real stunner!

Jessica said...

You have some fantastic pieces, but I really love that bench. It looks great!

AnthologyHouse said...

Damn! So good. We can't wait to see how this all comes together. You're on fire Charmaine!

Unknown said...

Amazing finds as usual! Loving the rug and chandelier!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Seriously loving all your finds. Can I come stay in your guest room??

SHERRY HART said...

Freaking amazing finds! Lord...the rug...and all of the other vintage pieces are crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails