Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"MUSICAL TABLES" AND DIY #2

One of my favorite rooms in our house is the family room.  This is where we spend most of our time.  It used to be my problem room.

It all started with this tv table I got from ikea. 
(pardon my dusty tv)

My husband wanted it placed on an angle so he can see it from the kitchen (football nights, you know!)


My problem?  The furniture layout of the room.  I didn't like the fact that the tv is blocking the bookcase and the sectional divides the room into two. 
The "country" look didn't help either.


After convincing(begging!) my husband to change the layout,  I moved the tv to the photo wall and used the  chinese credenza because it is tall enough to be framed by the photos.



Perfect height, wrong width!

This leads to my 2nd DIY and another great craigslist find...

It is not bad now but the condition of the wood is not great.  I painted it a nice shade of blue.


I followed the same steps as my dining chairs and spray painted the pulls brassy gold.  It looks like this now...




Where are the 2 previous "tv tables" you might ask?

I moved the chinese credenza to the living room...


and made the ikea table into an entry bench...

Nothing wasted.  Everyone's happy (husband included!).





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great ideas and re-uses!! The like your new tv stand, the shade of blue you picked is lovely!! I like all the photos behind and round your tv stand, this is my next project, to make our tv blend into the wall like you have..

I also like your chinese credenza.

Dayka Robinson said...

great job, and i love the gold hardware and calming blue on the "dresser".

Anonymous said...

Hi Chairmaine,

Thank you for all your decorating inspiration. I used "iced cube silver" in our main living area and really love it. I am now working on a media console/TV cabinet and was wondering what paint and paint color you used for your dresser? It looks really beautiful!

charmaine said...

Hi,

Thank you! It is Summer Shower by Benjamin Moore.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails