I wanted to recreate this suspender curtain ever since I saw it on Apartment Therapy.
I modified mine a little bit.
Peel n Stick fabric fuse
1" canvas straps
(all from Jo-Ann's)
1. Hang your curtain rod to desired height and width. I hung mine almost to the ceiling and a few inches wider than the window.
2. Measure the height from the top curtain rod to 1"-2" below the window molding and the desired width. Add 3"- 4" to width and about 6" to height and cut fabric to fit.
3. Fold the sides and bottom in about 1". I used Peel n Stick fabric fuse to hem.
4. Make rod pocket by folding top of curtain down about 5" and secure with fabric fuse.
5. Hang your curtain to decide how high your shade will be when drawn.
Consider where you want to attach your suspender buttons and measure.
6. Measure the desired length of canvas strap and cut. Thread your canvas strap through the overall buckle on one side
and attach the pin that came with the buckle on the other side. Lay curtain flat on work surface and pin the strap to the back side of the fabric taking into consideration your measurement from #5. Repeat.
7. Place the button on the front side of the fabric and attach to the pin by gently hammering it down.
Repeat on the other side.
8. Hang your curtain and fold straps over to front and hang buckles to the buttons.
9. Stand back and admire!